Six Friends. Five Courses. Good at food. Bad at math. They are The FourCoursemen. A mix of self-taught gourmets and rising young stars with a commitment to using local and sustainable ingredients. For those lucky enough to experience their unexpected creations, it’s a magical menu served up in seclusion on a side street in Athens, Georgia. Here’s the deal…
Cooking Channel stumbled across this unique five-course culinary experience, though the initiated have known about this Athens-based treasure for five years now. Can you really beat a bunch of best buds turning out show-stopping food and having a great time in the process?
We’re joining their crew for a special over three days as they take to the road to plan a menu and gather ingredients from the best producers and farmers across Georgia. The goal: prepare a fresh, seasonal meal comprised of one-of-a-kind dishes for twenty-four strangers.
Try a little taste of the trip:
Cast of Characters — for those keeping score:
- Damien — Co-founding epicure who designed and built the house it all started in
- Randolph — The other co-founder and a food / wine enthusiast
- Patrick — Met the first two while cooking at The Grit (hot Athens vegetarian restaurant)
- Eddie — Joined the mix, lending his pastry chef skills into the burgeoning mix — dessert!!
- Matt — A head chef at another hot restaurant entered the fray
- Nancy — Rounded out the team with her uncanny wine and food pairing talents
And just wait until they get to the Schnapps… Don’t forget to catch it all on Cooking:
Watch The FourCoursemen on Cooking Channel — Monday, Nov. 22nd at 9pm ET.
Cooking Channel Related:
** Black and white still of FourCoursemen — Credit: Marisu Wehrenberg, Zoom-works.com **
What’s the best thing / night / event / potluck you get into involving food and friends?