A lot of folks ask me about olive oil, so here’s the deal. I use extra virgin for everything, including deep frying. There’s no comparison to other oils. Don’t believe me? Try frying your french fries next time in EVOO.
I generally have two types: a good one for frying and sauteing, and an amazing one for drizzling over and finishing bruschetta, salads, pastas, meats, etc.
To find that amazing bottle, you can go to a gourmet supermarket, deli, or cheese shop and ask them to try out a few, or check out your favorite Italian wine maker — they often make an excellent olive oil.
More things David:
- David Rocco’s Pasta Recipes
- David Rocco’s Salad Recipes
- All David Rocco’s Recipes
- When to Catch David on Cooking Channel
- Follow David Rocco on Facebook