Cooking Channel’s own Ching-He Huang from Chinese Food Made Easy is joining the ranks of star chefs like David Chang, Daniel Boulud, Marcus Samuelsson and Anthony Bourdain to participate in the second-annual LUCKYRICE Festival, an exciting, week-long tribute to the incredible diversity of Asian culinary culture.
The NYC-based roster of festival events is a Who’s Whoin the Asian culinary world today, featuring truly unique events with chefs from Iron Chef Morimoto to Ming Tsai … see the full list here.
If you’ll be in NYC May 6-8, you can enter for an opportunity to win a pair of free tickets to two festival events, and meet Ching yourself!
Here’s how: Leave a comment at the bottom of this blog post with a question you would pose to Ching about Chinese cooking. It could be a request for a specific tip on the best way to cook a dish, or a question about how she would tackle a specific ingredient. Get creative, but stick to questions about cooking that would have a broad appeal.
We’ll choose our favorite and award a grand prize:
- A ticket for you and a guest to the Grand Feast on Friday, May 6 at 6-10pm
- A ticket for you and a guest to Ching’s Talk + Taste on Sunday, May 8 at 1-4pm
- A signed copy of Ching’s book Chinese Food Made Easy
- Plus a chance to meet Ching!
- Prize does not include travel to NYC or accommodations in NYC.
- You must include your email address in the “Email” field when submitting your comment so we can communicate back with you if you’re a winner. (But do not post your email address into the actual body of the comment.)
- Entries must be submitted by Wednesday, April 27 at 11:59pm ET. Winners will be announced on Friday, Apr 29.
- Limit to three entries per person.
- Judging criteria: 50% based on originality and creativity; 50% based on entrant’s knowledge and practicality as it relates to Chinese cooking.
- No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your changes of winning.
- Contest open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S. or D.C., 21 years of age and older. Void where prohibited by law.
- Subject to the full Official Rules.
- Sponsor: Scripps Networks, LLC, 75 9th Ave., New York, NY 10011.
We looking forward to seeing you at LUCKYRICE!
More about Ching and the LUCKYRICE Festival: