For casual summer get-togethers, you obviously don’t want to create course after course of fussy foods, but it’s always a good idea to have a few easy appetizers planned. Here are three reasons not to skip tasty teasers:
- Keep hungry guests at bay. Sure, we all intend to have the main event ready when we tell people it will be ready, but inevitably veggies will take a while to chop, the meat will be a little too thick, something will catch on fire and you’ll end up needing a little more time. Enter the appetizer: Think Rachael’s Grilled Polenta Crackers with Roasted Pepper Salsa or Tyler’s Guacamole.
Simple small bites keep guests nibbling and chatting happily, especially when paired with a tasty signature cocktail.
- Get (and keep!) the party going. Invite guests to come early and keep them chatting and lounging after dinner with inviting snacks like bowls of salsa and guacamole at the ready. For a cool, sweet and spicy twist try making this Jalapeno-Mango Salsa.
- Apps are just plain fun. Hot-wing sliders, Vietnamese beef and pork pops, deviled eggs topped with candied bacon — go ahead and get creative with these small bites, whether hot off the grill or cool and fresh. Get started with our collection of great appetizer recipes.
More Grilling and Summer Stand-Bys:
- Steak, Burgers and Grilled Mains
- Sides & Salads
- Cocktails & Summer Drinks
- Desserts: Fresh, Frozen and More