Today, as the nation pays homage to doughnuts, we’re celebrating National Doughnut Day with something slightly more unique: fonuts!
Fonuts are baked, not fried – but just as delicious as their doughy cousins. These sweet confections are vegan, gluten-free – oh, and unbelievably addictive.
The Rosemary Olive Oil Fonuts (pictured above) come from Fonuts in LA. That “powdered sugar” topping is actually pulverized olive oil. (That’s why it’s a Unique Sweet). Or, for all the lemon lovers out there, give our Lemon Fonuts a try.
Want more? Find out how Fonuts are made here.
But don’t get us wrong – We love DOUGHNUTS, too:
- Zac Young’s Pumpkin Spiced Donuts
- Chuck’s Doughnut Extravaganza
- Bobby Deen’s Whole Wheat Doughnut Bread Pudding
- Watch Now: The Donut Man’s Stuffed Donuts
Plus, try out our Doughnut-Inspired Cocktails:
- Alie and Georgia’s Drunken Donuts Cocktail: Watch them make it here.
- What Would Brian Boitano Make? A Coffee and Donuts Shake, of course: Watch him make it here.
Whether you celebrate with fonuts, doughnuts, or doughnut-inspired cocktails — Happy National Doughnut Day from Cooking Channel!