When it comes to grilling, Burger is King. It always seems that when people gather, stomachs and minds in grilling mode, they can’t help but salivate over that delicious patty they’re about to layer on a bun with their favorite toppings, slather in sauces and sink their teeth into. These days, though, everyone seems to be on one special diet or another, or eager to venture beyond their burger-comfort zone. How do you please an entire crowd when one person is watching their cholesterol, another is vegetarian and half of your guests are bored with beef burgers?
We feel your pain and are here to help. Check out some of these alternatives to the classic burger. Use them as recipes and inspiration to please your crowd of hungry friends:
- Spicy Aussie Chicken Burgers –>These are chicken burgers with a kick, garnished with an array of interesting toppings from grilled pineapple rings to eggs, and more.
- Really Simple Bean Burgers –>Put your own spin on this basic bean burger recipe. Try one of our eight flavor embellishments, or get creative with mix-in ideas of your own.
- Killer Mushroom Cheeseburgers –>Melted, gooey cheese lies at the center of two mushroom caps pan-fried in panko crumbs in these juicy “cheeseburgers”. Why settle for an average grilled mushroom cap when you can chow down on this ultimate concoction instead?
- Julia Child’s Pan-Fried Thin Burgers –>Make the American master chef’s thinner take on the classic beef patty for a lighter dose of hamburger. Allow your guests to choose their own accoutrements.
- Crispy Tuna Cake Sliders (pictured above) –>It’s summertime. Sometimes you just want to keep it light and these tuna sliders topped with a tangy citrus slaw are the perfect way to do that–and keep your pescetarian guests happy.
Looking for more great summer recipes?