Here at Cooking Channel, we love us some tequila. Not just because this blue-agave-born liquor is the star of the margarita — arguably our favorite cocktail — but because the sweet, woodsy or smoky spirit (depending on distillery and age) adds its fire to pretty much any mixed drink. This National Tequila Day, salt your margarita glass rims for a different sort of sipper (it’s the Mexican vessel of choice for any tequila-based beverage).
5 Ways to Get Your Tequila On:
1. Follow Chuck’s lead and turn those lemons into a minty-fresh spiked lemonade (shown above).
2. Mix up a two-tone sangria with a pineapple-tequila base and a red wine topper.
4. Sweeten the deal by blending a caramel-vanilla-tequila milkshake (trust us).
5. Let it sparkle by mixing with Champagne in this fruit-filled ponche.
And if all else fails? Just ready your salt and lime wedges — it’s only National Tequila Day once a year, after all.
Better have some food with all that tequila:
- Tasty Mexican Appetizers
- Top Taco Recipes
- Enchiladas, Fajitas and More Mexican Main Dishes
- Rockin’ Guacs and Salsa Recipes
- Plus: How to Throw a Fiesta With Five Simple Ingredients