In case you haven’t heard, the Fabulous Beekman Boys will be facing off against 10 other industrious couples in a race to win $2 million on CBS. The competition isn’t easy but — to their great benefit – they’re down with Martha Stewart who has some great ideas on what the Boys could stuff in their fanny packs when attempting to traverse 25,000 miles of nine countries.
Martha Stewart’s Perfect Packing List to Help the Beekman Boys win The Amazing Race:
- Packets of lemon juice to use in drinking water and to wipe surfaces. It’s a natural disinfectant and can kill some germs in water. Plus, the packets are small enough to get through TSA.
- Dried figs. Most fruits lose much of their nutrition when dried. Figs don’t. They’re high in folic acid and potassium. They also have a lot of fiber to combat traveler’s constipation.
- Brightly colored pencils. Not only will they help in taking organized notes on plane itineraries or in making maps, but they can also be given to small children you meet along the way as gifts. Since cameras aren’t allowed, you can also sketch all of the sites you see to remember them by later.
- Small vial of lavender oil for sleeping on planes.
- Use an iron-on transfer to make a T-shirt that has “Please,” “Thank you” and “Have you seen Phil Keoghan around here?” printed in every possible language.