For a healthy serving of grandparental advice with a side of home-cooked ravioli, don’t miss the upcoming marathon of My Grandmother’s Ravioli with the charming host and humorist, Mo Rocca, starting today at 12pm ET. If it wasn’t already obvious, grandparents have seen and done it all, and here’s a glimpse of why you should tune in to get schooled on food, granny style:
- Mary Gray and The Golden Gals get down with polka and a pile of pierogi, plus multiple pours of Pinot Grigio.
- Italian grandfather Tom Napolitano gives you the Neapolitan know-how for wooing ladies with a leaf of basil tucked behind your ear.
- The feet of 79-year-old Peggy Guiliano fly in a bout of Irish river dancing with a fiddler friend.
- The Black Forest meets Elvis Presley in Cookie Oma’s kooky German household, complete with loads of leopard print and pflaumenkuchen (plum cake).
- You can revisit the series premiere, which serves up rustic Romanian sausages and rabbit cacciatore while divulging grandfatherly wisdom from Pop, master of the kitchen.
These grandparents can teach you a thing or two, so tuck in your shirt and take a seat for this sweet and spicy, completely addictive cooking marathon with Mo by your side. You just might learn something! Oh, and give your grandma a call; she’s got cookies in the oven.
Need even more reasons to watch? Salivate over these season-1 recipes for a spell and we’ll see you at noon:
- Tom’s Prosciutto-Wrapped Figs
- Pop’s Focaccia
- Mary’s Tomato Orzo Soup
- Peggy’s Chocolate Chip Walnut Scones