Whether you celebrate summer with a rustic gathering, a feisty fiesta, or a retro Hawaiian fete, balmy evenings should end with an icy escapade. Once the meat is off the grill and the side dishes have been emptied, keep the crowd lingering longer with these frozen finales.
1. Grilled Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches: Briefly grilled banana bread gives the frozen sandwich a sturdy base, decorative flare and a smoky-sweet flavor (pictured above).
2. Grilled Pineapple with Vanilla Ice Cream and Rum Sauce: All you need is a luau for these grilled pineapple rings topped with ice cream and boozy rum sauce.
3. Frozen Peanut Butter Pie Pops: Take your icebox cakes and frozen cream pies on the go with these chilled layers of peanut butter cream, graham cracker crust and toffee bits, all dipped in dark chocolate.
4. Red and White Sangria Pops: Whether your guests prefer red or white, these mixed-fruit sangria pops are truly full-bodied treats.
5. Strawberry Margarita Ice Pops: Take a break from the grill with these easily spiked ice pops. Tyler Florence blends quartered strawberries with lime, sugar, triple sec and tequila for a fully infused margarita on a stick.
Get more frozen treat recipes from friends and family:
Feed Me Phoebe: Coconut Mojito Popsicles
Dishing With Divya: Strawberry Sherbet
The Lemon Bowl: Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream (No Machine Required)
Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Healthy Fruit Punch Popsicles
Virtually Homemade: Minty Pina Colada Popsicles
Weelicious: Fruity Lemonade Ice Pops
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Chai Green Tea Popsicles
Red or Green: Spiced Rooibos Tea Popsicles
Dishin & Dishes: Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Homemade Eggless Vanilla Ice Cream (No Machine Required)
Domesticate Me: Slutty Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Poet in the Pantry: Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Swing Eats: Grapefruit, Pineapple, Basil and Coconut Milk Gelato
Daily*Dishin: Dark Chocolate Sorbet
Cooking With Elise: Frozen Blueberry Treats
FN Dish: 6 Reasons to Brave Brain Freeze
For a savory frozen treat:
Taste With The Eyes: Frozen Alaskan Cod, Mediterranean-Style