As many know — and have already begun celebrating — America’s birthday blowout falls on a Friday this year. Here are five ways to celebrate the stars and stripes in sweet, weekend-ready style.
1. 4th of July Berry Tart: Keep it seasonal and sophisticated with fresh berries and white chocolate cream atop a buttery almond shortbread crust (pictured above).
2. Star Sugar Cookies: You really can’t go wrong with chewy sugar cookies; this batch steps up its flavor game with lemon juice and zest.
3. Grilled Skillet Cornbread with Strawberry Butter: Celebrate a corn-fed country with grilled cornbread and some homemade strawberry jam butter.
4. Hot Dog Ice Cream Sandwich: Trick the little ones with sweet pastry “buns” filled with homemade chocolate ice cream and raspberry “ketchup.”
5. Red, White and Blue Velvet Cake: Go the whole nine yards with our tri-colored confection that will have everyone wondering just how you did it… (if you need a little help youself, here’s the handy guide).
More Festive Sweets from Family + Friends:
The Heritage Cook: Firecracker Salad
Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Brazilian Acai Breakfast Bowl
Weelicious: Magical Fruit Wands
Sweet Bake Life: Patriotic Moscato Gelatin Shots
Virtually Homemade: Traditional Potato Salad
Dishing With Divya: Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad
Feed Me Phoebe: Red, White and Blue Coconut Panna Cotta Cups
Domesticate Me: 12 Foolproof Recipes for the Fourth of July
Taste With The Eyes: Patriotic Grilled Chicken, Savory Blueberry Compote and Strawberry Arugula Salad
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Grilled Bruschetta with Pesto, Sauteed Spinach and Garlic Scapes
Red or Green: Popcorn with Jalapenos and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Mini Cherry Blueberry Pies
Swing Eats: Corn Dogs (Gluten-Free)
Daily*Dishin: Dilly Potato Salad
FN Dish: 4th of July Treats