May might be National Barbecue Month, but come July, the sun is hot and the grill is hotter. Spice things up with chicken skewers and an array of rich, tangy sauces for instantly party-perfect, swiftly satisfying summer fare. Whether your tastes run tiki, with a pineapple-chicken classic, or buffalo-style, give May a run for its mustard.
1. Chicken and Pineapple Skewers: Toasted pineapple adds just the right kick and summertime flare to this soy-glazed chicken (pictured above).
2. Chicken Skewers with Peanut-Ginger Marinade: Make Thai-style chicken satay at home with these skewers, which are served with a zesty orange peanut sauce.
3. Buffalo Chicken Lollies: These skewered takes on the classic wings burst with flavor inside and out, from the black pepper and garlic folded into the ground chicken to the butter-hot sauce glaze.
4. Hip-Hip-Hooray Chicken Satay: These lean curry-spiced chicken skewers (and their low-fat, low-sodium peanut yogurt sauce) will give you every reason to shout.
5. BBQ Yellow Bean Chicken with Grilled Chinese Long Beans: Ching’s Chinese recipe calls for a few less-common ingredients, but the resulting yellow-bean-sauce marinade is complex and gingery, and much healthier than typical takeout.
More Chicken Recipes from Family + Friends:
Feed Me Phoebe: Grilled Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
The Lemon Bowl: Indian Spiced Grilled Chicken
Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Fajita Spiced Beer Can Chicken
Dishing With Divya: General Tso’s Chicken with Indian Jeera Rice
Weelicious: Breaded Chicken Cutlets with Pea Salad
Sweet Life Bake: Chicken Fajitas
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Farmhouse Fried Chicken
Red or Green: Spicy Chicken Provencal with Peppers and Heirloom Tomatoes
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Sweet and Sour Sesame Chicken
Domesticate Me: Cilantro-Lime Grilled Chicken with Strawberry-Jalapeno Salsa
Swing Eats: Long John Silver’s Style Fried Chicken Planks (Gluten-Free)
Food for 7 Stages of Life: Best Tandoori Chicken Recipe
Taste With The Eyes: Perfect Chicken Dish to Serve to a Crowd
FN Dish: Chicken is Better with Grill Marks