Hot Links We’re Loving:
- Take it from Lady and Pups. Make a shallow pool in the dough for Brioche with Blueberry Sour Cream Custard to get the best of both worlds: buttery brioche and creamy citrusy custard.
- Your average upside down cake may get its caramelized top from rings of golden pineapple, but that’s not the only fruit that deserves a flip. The Vintage Mixer’s Upside-Down Cake swaps in slices of juicy plums.
- Entertaining for Labor Day? Stock up on extra kernels for Stovetop Corn and Cheese Dip by White on Rice Couple. Scoop up this serrano-spiked, Monterey Jack-based dip with tortilla chips, crackers or — best of all — cornbread.
- Next time you crack open a jar of pickles, opt for zucchini in lieu of the average cuke. The Bitten Word‘s Bread-and-Butter Zucchini Pickles are the ideal way to snap up your end-of-season burger.
- Making bagels at home isn’t the easiest DIY project. Instead, opt for a yeasty, no-hole bialy. Baked without boiling, these homemade Bialys by Eat the Love have sautéed onions loaded in the center.