Hot Links We’re Loving:
- In honor of China’s Mid-Autumn Festival, give the gift of homemade Mooncakes. A symbol of unity and harmony, these Cantonese delicacies are available at most Chinese specialty stores, but Two Red Bowls has a pretty enticing reason to fill each round, golden cake with your own red-bean or white-lotus paste.
- After you pour one beer for yourself, pop open another for your brownie batter. Joy the Baker stirs dark stout beer into her mix for dense and intense Beer Brownies, giving them an earthy bitterness that is crazy good with dark chocolate.
- After a summer of potato chips with lobster rolls and fries with backyard burgers, we wouldn’t dare guilt you with the suggestion of kale chips. Instead, Simply Scratch suggests Crispy Baked Basil Chips that pack all that crisp satisfaction we dig about kale chips, but with an unforgettably herby edge.
- As perhaps the last stone fruit confection of the season, Sprouted Kitchen‘s Nectarine Tart with Rye Cornmeal Crust has a buttery crust with a more unique flavor and texture than if it was made with all-purpose flour. While we wish we could immortalize juicy nectarines forever, this one’s best enjoyed straight out of the oven.
- Though Septemberfest doesn’t have quite the ring to it that Oktoberfest has, it’ll be hard to wait any time to devour this Bratwurst Grilled Cheese by i am a food blog. It presses layers of sausage, shredded gruyère and sliced potatoes between a beer-mustard-slathered pretzel roll.