We’re in for a long, hot summer. So to stave off heat stroke, we’re bringing you our favorite summer treats each week as part of Frozen Friday, giving you the scoop on our favorite ice-cold recipes and party ideas to help you stay cool all summer long.
Frozen dessert on a stick. Isn’t it great? With one hand holding your treat, you still have an entirely separate one free. You can steer, scroll through your phone, swat away mosquitoes — the possibilities are endless. That’s why we’re tipping our hat to the ice pop, one of the all-time greatest summer treats. And, since it’s August and we’re craving something intensely refreshing, we’ve tracked down the fruitiest recipes our hands can hold.
1. Frozen Yogurt Coconut Pops: The fresh fruit puree in Nadia G’s coconut ice pops can be made from whatever produce you happen to have on-hand — blueberries, peaches, you name it — but what really makes their flavors perk up is a pre-serving coconut sprinkle (pictured above).
2. Vanilla Peach Pops: How can you make a vegan dessert stand up to its dairy-laden counterparts? Take a page from Love and Lemons’ playbook and top fresh, ripe peaches with rich vanilla almond milk before freezing. Take that, ice cream.
3. Raspberry-Strawberry-Watermelon Pops: Not only does I Am A Food Blog‘s super simple recipe allow you to use up any about-to-turn fruit, it also adorably calls for a “personal-sized watermelon.”
4. Strawberry, Peaches and Cream with Amaretti: People in the U.K. eat frozen desserts, too. Just check out Top With Cinnamon‘s recipe, which calls for dipping a berry-peach pop into a crushed amaretti cookie. Hey, when in London, right?
5. 6 Ice Pop Recipes: The fashionable ladies over the The New Potato dove deep into (ice) pop culture recently, developing not one, but six wildly creative recipes. Want to make an almond-balsamic-fig pop? Or a little green-tea-pomegranate number? They’ve got you covered.