Hot Links We’re Loving:
- Peaches may get most of the attention in August, but this Roasted Apricot Stracciatella by Not Without Salt takes advantage of ripe apricots, even adding chopped chocolate chips to the frozen treat (pictured above).
- Though it doesn’t quite align with the red velvets and vanilla buttercreams of the world, this quirky Sweet Corn & Lemon Summer Cake by Chasing Delicious uses freshly shucked, pureed corn and cornmeal to create an epically summery slice.
- Think nothing could improve a Chocolate Chip Cookie? Pastry Affair‘s version sprinkles flakes of fleur de sel to balance the sweetness and add a grown-up spin.
- Whether you’re into clean eating or not, Tomato and Basil Collard Wraps by The First Mess put a little ingenuity behind rolling a good wrap. Collard greens are so sturdy that you can stuff ‘em with a good amount of quinoa, tempeh, chickpeas and more, while still being able to chow down burrito-style.
- Though it won’t suit your kids’ lemonade stand, Spiked Blueberry Lemonade by Shutterbean is a refreshing swirl of blueberry soda, gin and lemonade. Turns out lemonade is even more refreshing when it comes with a little fizz — and maybe some booze.
Stir up another adults-only lemonade, but this time reach for the tequila.
Chocolate chip cookies aren’t the only thing that get better when countered with salt. Kelsey Nixon’s Salted Caramel Milkshake counters all that sweetness with sea salt.