I never seem to plan in advance when I’m shopping for ingredients, and this can be a real issue with avocados. They’re everywhere right now, but they’re not always ripe when you need them on demand. Per usual, I waited until the last minute again and was left with only rock-solid Hass avocados at the market. But next to the Hass variety were larger, lighter avocados from Florida that were just the ripeness I needed. They are a bit less creamy than a Hass avocado, but they taste just as delicious and have less fat. With two giant Florida avocados in hand, I decided to make a quick, no-cook dinner.
Continue Reading Summer Fest: No-Cook Avocado, Shrimp and Mango Salad
An Ode to Caramel Creme Pastries by Une Duex Senses
5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- Did you drool over the salted caramel creme pastries featured on Cooking Channel’s Unique Sweets? Une Deux Senses decided to recreate the breakfast pastries at home. The results are indulgent enough for dessert (although we have no problem with eating them in the morning).
- The Brits know their rhubarb, and Eating for England says it’s not just for pies and tarts. So celebrate spring with a seasonal breakfast: Dollop rhubarb-strawberry compote on hearty buckwheat waffles and enjoy.
- Cookie and Kate celebrates the fabulousness of toast with a simple mashed avocado remedy. With endless possibilities for additional healthy toppings, we’re sold!
- We love scones as a grab-and-go breakfast. These fresh ginger and black pepper mascarpone scones by Butter Me Up Brooklyn have a touch of sweetness and “just a kick of warm spice.”
- It’d be hard to grow tired of bagels and cream cheese. But just in case that’s an issue, The Meaning of Pie presents to you a delicious and sweet blueberry cream cheese to jazz up the morning.
Cinco de Mayo Ceviche by FB'er, Alex Lopez
Seeking a lighter, fresher chaser for your margaritas on Cinco de Mayo? Food person, Alex Lopez shared a great pic for inspiration on Facebook…
Continue Reading Pix Potluck – Cinco de Mayo Ceviche