Whether your team is playing in the Super Bowl or you’re just there for the food, the real star of the day is blue cheese. Whether it’s gorgonzola, Roquefort or stilton, stinky and creamy blue cheese has you covered for all of your party needs. And when the party’s over? There are recipes for that hunk of leftover blue cheese as well.
- I’ll start you off with some buffalo wings: Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce and Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches with Blue Cheese Aioli, Buffalo Chicken Lollipop Wings with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dip and Bobby’s Buffalo Chicken Sliders.
- And if you wanted those wings without the Buffalo sauce? You know I’ve got you covered: Hot Wings with Blue Cheese Yogurt Sauce, Spicy Chicken Wings and Chicken Wings with Red Hot Honey Glaze and Blue Cheese Celery Dipping Sauce.
- Nigella Lawson’s Universally Useful Blue Cheese Dressing is a great tool to have in your arsenal. What’s better to add to wings or dress up a weeknight salad?
- There a time and place for a classic grilled cheese, and then there’s always time for Great Hill Blue Grilled Cheese, filled with prune jam, fresh pear slices and blue cheese on cranberry walnut bread. It’s all cooked in clarified butter, which is easy to make: heat a stick of butter over low heat until the solids float to the top. Spoon off those solids and you should be left with clarified butter, which has a higher smoke point than the stick of butter you started out with.
- Sweet, savory and on a stick, Date and Blue Cheese Stuffed Meatballs (pictured above) will be a hit at your next party.