Guinness Irish Stew by Jelly Toast5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- March is the unofficial month to add Guinness to everything, and Jelly Toast’s Irish beef stew is just the place to start.
- While you’re cooking with beer, you might as well bake with it too. With a chocolate stout frosting, Cookies and Cups’ beer and pretzel chocolate chip cookies are a must try.
- What should you make for dinner tonight? Ooey gooey pepperoni pizza meatball hoagies by Lauren’s Latest.
- You can never have enough banana bread recipes. According to Shutterbean, adding olive oil and maple syrup will give your loaf a “good oomph/intriguing/what’s that in there? taste.”
- For the next taco night, try Naturally Ella’s sriracha marinated butternut squash and black bean tacos. Hold the meat — this recipe is feisty and full of flavor without it.
Christmas Tree Cupcakes by Just a Taste
5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- Looking for a jaw-dropping dessert to showcase? Just a Taste’s Christmas tree chocolate cupcakes double as both decoration and tasty treat.
- To get the party started, serve Shutterbean’s candy cane vodka and toast to the Christmas season.
- These apple cider caramels by Pixelated Crumb will not disappoint. Give them out to friends and neighbors, or just keep the whole stash for yourself — we wouldn’t blame you.
- Boozy foods: A Cozy Kitchen’s dark and stormy quick bread comes together in a flash and captures the irresistible flavors of the cocktail: spicy ginger, zesty lime and rich dark rum.
- Amp up your appetizers and make Soup Addict’s recipe for fried deviled eggs. This one is on our must-try list.
Booze and baked goods: These are a few of my favorite things.
It would seem Jane Danger (pictured above) understands me. Barkeep turned baker, Jane has created a stir by using cocktails and spirits as the inspiration for her pastries at her charming shop in Manhattan’s East Village, Jane’s Sweet Buns.
Prior to opening her bakery, Jane spent seven years bartending in New York City. Starting at the iconic (and infamous) CBGB’s, she worked her way through some of the coolest downtown cocktail haunts —PDT, Little Branch, and Death and Co, to name a few, and headed up the punch program at Cienfuegos. At Jane’s Sweet Buns, she’s using her skills as a craft bartender to create boozy baked goods.
“It’s always been my dream to combine my passion for baking with my love of cocktails,” Jane said.
Campari Shortbread with Lemon Rose Buttercream (Get the recipe after the jump.)
And now Jane is teaming up with Campari to create three original treats featuring the spirit.
Continue Reading Jane Danger Is Baking With Booze