Caramel Banana Upside Down Bread by Daring Gourmet
5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- Amp up the dessert factor in your next loaf of banana bread and make Daring Gourmet’s caramel banana upside down bread.
- Have you tried cashew mayo? Oh My Veggies adds a bit of vegetable stock to her recipe for a boost of flavor.
- Asparagus, zucchini and salmon mix and mingle to create one awesome stir fry. Head over to Drizzle and Dip the recipe.
- Flavor the Moment’s Greek yogurt pancakes with blueberry maple syrup provides the perfect combination of tang, sweetness and protein to fuel you for the day ahead.
- Picky Palate bakes her double chocolate Butterfinger layered cake in ramekins to make an extra tall cake worthy of someone extra special.
- Upside-down cakes charm everyone with their caramelized deliciousness.
- Candy bars are great by themselves (obviously), but we think they’re even better in baked goods.
Chocolate-covered toffee is one of my favorite candies and it’s easy to make. All you need is a candy thermometer and some time. The result is a buttery caramel, with a slightly toasty flavor. I added a bit of coffee to the toffee, giving them a slight bitter edge, which is a perfect complement to the sweet candy. To finish them off, dip some of them in milk chocolate or drizzle in dark chocolate and sprinkle with toasted almonds and sea salt. They make a lovely Valentine’s gift.
1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter
2 cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup water
2 tablespoon molasses
2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pound bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, melted
toasted nuts, optional
Sea salt, optional
Continue Reading Easy Gift Idea: Chocolate-Covered Toffee
Maria Sharapova shows her sweeter side with the launch of her new candy line, Sugarpova.
On the court, “sweet” is not the first word we would choose to describe Maria Sharapova’s aggressive baseline style of play (ruthless, determined, and intimidating do come to mind). However, off the court, the bodacious blond tennis star has released Sugarpova, her new line of premium gummy candies that reflects Maria’s “fun, fashionable, sweet side.”
- Flirty: Sweet and pout-y gummy candy lips
- Cheeky: “Cute but fierce” gummy bears
- Sporty: Mini tennis gumballs, of course
- Quirky: Fitting in is boring, and these strawberry-vanilla chewy treats stand out from the crowd
- Chic: Accessories make the outfit, so fruit-flavored shades, bags, and shoes are the perfect fit
Are you craving sweets now? Sorry we’re not sorry: Let us help satiate your sweet tooth.
Our Best Sugary Sweets:
It’s more than just alliteration; it’s a statement, a proclamation that Thursdays are when the weekend should really start. Kicking it off right is the key, and what better way than with a cocktail that not only takes the edge off, but tastes good too. Last week we stirred up a season-appropriate Autumn Colors Cocktail; this week we’re back with an ode to October.
September having come and gone, it’s about time to start setting your sights on October and the year’s most haunted holiday: Halloween. Pumpkin carving and costume-wearing are sure-fire ways to get started, but sip on something spooky and alcoholic to get all the ghastly good times going even sooner. With dark rum, dry vermouth, and an eerily orange-colored salt rim, The Black Devil Martini is just what the Dracula ordered.
Continue Reading Thirsty Thursday: Make it a Black Devil Martini