Christmas Tree Cupcakes by Just a Taste
5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- Looking for a jaw-dropping dessert to showcase? Just a Taste’s Christmas tree chocolate cupcakes double as both decoration and tasty treat.
- To get the party started, serve Shutterbean’s candy cane vodka and toast to the Christmas season.
- These apple cider caramels by Pixelated Crumb will not disappoint. Give them out to friends and neighbors, or just keep the whole stash for yourself — we wouldn’t blame you.
- Boozy foods: A Cozy Kitchen’s dark and stormy quick bread comes together in a flash and captures the irresistible flavors of the cocktail: spicy ginger, zesty lime and rich dark rum.
- Amp up your appetizers and make Soup Addict’s recipe for fried deviled eggs. This one is on our must-try list.
Apples and Cajeta
We’re always trying to come up with new uses for the goat’s milk that Farmer John so lovingly coaxes from the animals every morning and every night without fail. It was actually Farmer John who gave us the idea to make caramel out of the milk.
Most caramel sauces that you purchase in the grocery store or have on your ice cream sundae are high fructose corn syrup with additional ingredients and food coloring.
Continue Reading The Fabulous Beekman Boys’ Goat’s Milk Caramel
Tyler's Ultimate Caramel Apple Pie
We’re teaming up with other food and garden bloggers to host Summer Fest 2010, a season-long garden party. Each week we’ll feature favorite garden-to-table recipes and tips to help you enjoy the bounty, whether you’re harvesting your own goodies or buying them fresh from the market. To join in, check out awaytogarden.com.
Let’s face it, apples go a long way in making up for the fact that there are no more strawberries, no more zucchini or corn and no more tank tops and flip flops. During this week of Fall Fest 2010, we’re talking about apples, the generous fruits that see us through the transition of summer-to-fall. An apple, dusted with cinnamon and simply baked, tucked under a buttery crust or a thick layer of spiced crumb topping, or cooked down into a sweet applesauce is quite possibly the most comforting food of all. Forget meat loaf and mac and cheese, nothing conveys warmth and coziness like a an apple pie, like Tyler Florence’s Ultimate Caramel Apple Pie, above. Here’s a roundup of some of the most tempting apple desserts out there — some of yours, some of ours — that are sure to escort you into the colder months, and will make you forget about your flip flips for another year.
Continue Reading Fall Fest: How ‘Bout Them Apples?