Tomorrow, after all the presents are unwrapped, and the only sign of your delicious brunch are the pans piled high in the sink, how will you and your family spend Christmas Day? Here at Cooking Channel, we will be watching the Two Fat Ladies marathon. That’s right — to fill the void between meals, we’re serving up seven straight hours of Two Fat Ladies goodness — culminating in their Christmas Special and Caribbean Christmas.
For fans, we know this offering is nothing short of a Christmas miracle, but for newbies, we’ve gathered up 5 need-to-know facts to get you primed:
1. Two Fat Ladies aired on BBC Two from 1996 to 1999, starring Clarissa Dickson Wright and Jennifer Patterson – and last year, Cooking Channel revived this beloved series.
2. They traveled around the UK in a Triumph Thunderbird motorcycle, with Patterson driving and Dickson Wright accompanying her in a sidecar.
3. They filmed everywhere from an army camp to Westminster Cathedral.
4. Both ladies were fond of cooking with high-fat ingredients like lard, butter and bacon.
5. That cheery opening sequence is sung by the Two Fat Ladies themselves!