Pumpkin Maple Croissant Donuts by Monday Morning Donuts
5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- The Cronut craze is still going strong. Get your fix at home with Monday Morning Donut’s pumpkin maple croissant donuts.
- We’d like an invite to any party serving these croque monsieur bites by Eat. Live. Travel. Write.
- Apple recipes have swarmed the blogosphere. Start your fall baking with The Baker Chick’s apple cheddar scones.
- If cooler weather means brown butter pumpkin waffles by Two Peas & Their Pod, bring on autumn!
- This jaw-dropping Instagram cake by Ann Reardon certainly deserves the utmost of likes (via Huffpost)
I’m sure you’ve spent days, perhaps even weeks, anticipating National Donut Day, a day that gives Americans another excuse to eat deep-fried dough. The Salvation Army celebrated the first donut day in 1938 to honor the women who served donuts to servicemen in WWI, so now the first Friday in June marks a day to pay tribute to our donut-serving veterans. Whether it’s jelly-filled or sprinkle-topped, a donut in hand is a delicious and patriotic breakfast.
Maybe you’ll celebrate by grabbing a free donut from a mediocre chain, or maybe you’ll stand in a long line for the fashionable cronut (they’re probably sold out by now, sorry). But perhaps you could celebrate by making your own beloved, sugar-dusted treats, because what’s not to love about fried dough served piping hot and fresh? This slippery slope (I’m on) is sure to lead to a day of donut indulgences and doughy discoveries.
However you choose to celebrate, here are our top donut recipes for a hole lot of inspiration (donut pun shamelessly intended):
Continue Reading Our Top Donut Recipes to Celebrate National Donut Day
Katalin Eisenberg's Bauernkrapfen doughnuts
Apparently we’re not the only ones crazy about these deep-fried delights—so are all of you. You might remember a previous post where we called out Chef Michele’s Amber Ale Donuts. This newest contribution was shared by Katalin Eisenberg on our Facebook wall. Thanks Katalin!
Continue Reading Pix Potluck — More Doughnuts!
Homemade IPA - Amber Ale Donuts
Sorry — donuts and beer…in one sitting…in one tasty dessert? This could be the best news we’ve heard all day.
Continue Reading Pix Potluck — Amber Ale Donuts