The Super Bowl is just a few days away, and if you haven’t planned your game-day spread, get rolling with a DIY taco bar. The concept is quick and easy, and it lets guests pick their favorite flavors. Though meaty fillings are the go-to, you can keep it all-veg with grilled zucchini, sauteed mushrooms and roasted eggplant, or this recipe for cauliflower and lentil tacos. Jason Wrobel, the host of How to Live to 100, favors the two ingredients for their high nutrients and flavor-absorbing powers. Topped with a heaping spoonful of guacamole – Jason adds cumin and cayenne – these tacos are so hearty and fresh, they’ll even score with the meat-lovers.
Continue Reading Meatless Monday: Game-Day Food
Baked Nutella Doughnuts by Cooking Classy
5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- An ice cold glass of milk is the perfect pairing to Cooking Classy’s baked Nutella doughnuts.
- Joy the Baker gives you yet another reason to buy a doughnut pan: brown butter baked doughnuts with chocolate glaze.
- If the peaches by you are still sweet and lovely, grab a few to make Scarletta Bake’s roasted peach milkshakes.
- Head to the farmers market on Saturday to make these farmer’s market nachos for football Sunday. Kate from Scratch’s recipe includes sweet and spicy peppadews.
- Greek yogurt and frozen banana make Sally’s Baking Addiction’s PB&J smoothie thick, creamy and extra nutritious.
On Sunday while your team is facing off in New Orleans (or perhaps waiting it out to try again next year), skip a pitcher of beer in favor of these classier cocktails. The Long Bar at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa passed along a few theme drinks to turn your party into an at-home cocktail smack down between the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers. So while you’re watching all the action go down in the Superdome, be sure to have a cocktail shaker on hand. Not a fan of either team? We too are equal opportunity cocktail drinkers, so sip away.
Continue Reading Say Cheers to Your Team on Game Day
Celebrate the Super Bowl with heaps of homemade finger-licking hot wings.
Nothing says football like wings. The light crunch of their crispy skin, the tangy, mouth-watering sauce, the way the first bite burns your mouth because you just can’t wait — it’s all part of the game-day tradition.
With the Super Bowl coming up this Sunday, it’s time to get those wings ready for kick off.
Continue Reading Countdown to Super Bowl: A World of Wings