This bowl of pasta with marinara and chicken sausage has about 150 calories. The secret? Hungry Girl's favorite Tofu Shirataki noodles.
One of the staples in Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien’s arsenal of low-calorie foods is Tofu Shirataki “noodle substitute.” She began touting this semi-obscure product, made by Japanese company House Foods, years ago, and now her familiar logo appears on the package. Thanks in large part to Hungry Girl, the 20-calorie-per-serving noodles can now be found everywhere from Whole Foods to FreshDirect.
Tofu Shirataki comes in fettuccine, spaghetti and angel hair shapes. I used the thickest noodles for the easy dish above.
As someone who loves pasta and enjoys tofu as well, I was intrigued at the notion of these guilt-free noodles. I’ll admit that the first time I tried them, I was less than impressed. I found them slimy, slightly rubbery and had trouble getting past the weird smell inside the liquid-filled package. But Hungry Girl offers some tips I should have followed: In her Fettuccine Hungry Girlfredo recipe, she instructs to rinse and drain the noodles in a strainer, then microwave them for one minute and dry thoroughly with paper towels.
Continue Reading HG’s Favorite Guilt-Free Noodles
Not enough time for breakast? No way! Breakfast gives you energy, allows you to stay fuller longer, and helps to maintain a healthy weight… if you do it the Hungry Girl way.
This week, Lisa shares her go-to breakfast dishes including:
Continue Reading Rise and Dine with Hungry Girl
Mexican might be the ultimate comfort food — rice, beans, tortillas … cheese! Not to mention hot sauce…
Hungry Girl to the rescue with ingenious recipe swaps for when you get a hankering for the good stuff, but don’t want to completely blow your diet:
Continue Reading Hungry Girl’s Maximum Mexican
When you get a craving for fast food, nothing else will hit the spot! But what if you’re trying to watch what you eat? Kinda puts a damper on the fun. Can you ever enjoy American fast-food classics like cheeseburgers, onion rings and apple pie ever again?
Enter Hungry Girl. She remakes these favorites into low-cal, guilt-free recipes you can make yourself.
- Her Island Insanity Burger packs all flavors you crave in a juicy burger, loaded with toppings.
- Serve it with a crispy order of Lord of the Onion Rings, super crunchy from an ingredient swap you won’t believe!
- Then Hungry Girl goes all the way with a Baked Apple Pie-let that satisfies every dessert craving you’ll ever have.
Continue Reading Enjoy Guilt-Free Cheeseburgers and Onion Rings with Hungry Girl
Get warm and cozy with Hungry Girl this weekend — she’s sharing her top recipes for staying comfortably yum:
Continue Reading Comfortably Yum with Hungry Girl
Valentine’s Day is coming up, and you want chocolate. Don’t ignore your cravings — give in to Hungry Girl’s delicious chocolate desserts:
- Mississippi Mug Pie, a rich chocolate mousse cake perfect after your romantic dinner. It’s a one-pot wonder you won’t believe is only 225 calories.
- Chocolate Marshmallow Madness Cupcakes! They’re super chocolatey and covered with gooey marshmallows and chocolate chips. Perfect for birthday parties.
- Hungry Girl’s Fudgy Truffle Bites brings together a perfect marriage of chocolate and raspberries into a beautiful, elegant bite-size dessert.
- And wash it all down with a very special Chocolate Coconut Martini. Hand us another.
Continue Reading Hungry Girl’s Chocolate 911
Afraid that pasta’s going to whack your diet? Fuggedaboutit! There’s nothing wrong with a little Italy, not when Hungry Girl’s in the kitchen. Catch her guilt-free pasta swaps today at 4pm ET/ 3pm CT.
Hungry Girl’s got plenty reasons to say I love you, Italian food:
Continue Reading Pasta La Vista with Hungry Girl
ARE YOU READY? Hungry Girl makes her debut appearance on Cooking Channel this weekend! (We’ll be tuning in on Saturday at 4pm ET / 3pm CT.)
Are you ready for pizza? Aren’t we all … Hungry Girl’s tips, tricks and low-cal recipes make the indulging totally guilt-free.
Are you ready for …
Continue Reading Hungry Girl Chews the Right Thing with Pizza