Christmas Tree Cupcakes by Just a Taste
5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- Looking for a jaw-dropping dessert to showcase? Just a Taste’s Christmas tree chocolate cupcakes double as both decoration and tasty treat.
- To get the party started, serve Shutterbean’s candy cane vodka and toast to the Christmas season.
- These apple cider caramels by Pixelated Crumb will not disappoint. Give them out to friends and neighbors, or just keep the whole stash for yourself — we wouldn’t blame you.
- Boozy foods: A Cozy Kitchen’s dark and stormy quick bread comes together in a flash and captures the irresistible flavors of the cocktail: spicy ginger, zesty lime and rich dark rum.
- Amp up your appetizers and make Soup Addict’s recipe for fried deviled eggs. This one is on our must-try list.
Mushrooms and cream go way back in Russian cooking. In my family, we often cooked chanterelles (which were dirt cheap in Russia, can you believe it?) with onions, herbs and sour cream to mix with pasta for a deliriously glorious dish.
Here in America, chanterelles are a bit too pricey for most of us and aren’t the easiest mushroom to locate. But cremini mushrooms are widely available in most supermarkets, so I decided to try my hand at substituting those instead. With some white wine and a dash of heavy cream blended with sour cream (it’s Russian, so of course there’s sour cream), my mushrooms turned out to be quite heavenly. I stood in my kitchen, licking my spoon and contemplating the mushrooms’ future fate. With so many holiday parties around the corner, they would make an excellent topping for a cracker or, better yet, some buttered, toasted pieces of brioche.
Continue Reading Creamy Mushrooms on Toast
Gingerbread houses are the pièce de résistance of the holiday baking world (along with the buche de noel and the croquemboche), but, like these other show-stopping treats, they aren’t exactly 30-minute creations.
Enter the gingerbread house-decorating party: Add friends (and booze) to the mix for a super-fun, sugar-overloaded, icing-covered night. Here’s how to do it.
Continue Reading Gingerbread House Party