Winter isn’t coming anytime soon, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find cool comfort. Channel the hearty flavors of meatloaf and cheesy loaded baked potatoes into warm-weather versions, like kebabs and tailgate-ready potato salad.
Check out six summer-fied comfort food recipes below and transport yourself to cooler times. We’re halfway there — just two more months of heat waves to go.
Pecan Pie Parfait
Take a break from berry pies with this riff on the classic pecan pie. Store-bought pie crust becomes a crumble over vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and bourbon-pecan topping.
Continue Reading Stay Cool with 6 Summery Spins on Comfort Food
Mexican Hot Chocolate by Scarletta Bakes
5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- Scarletta Bakes’ Mexican hot chocolate, or champurrado, is thickened with masa harina to make the ultimate chilly-day treat.
- With the nickname “Crack Dip,” White On Rice Couple’s sweet onion dip is bound to be amazing.
- If you like beer and cheese, you can’t go wrong with The Curvy Carrot’s cheddar ale soup.
- Who knew butternut squash makes such a beautiful and tasty bundt cake? Warm Vanilla Sugar, that’s who.
- Seasons and Suppers’ cinnamon crunch skillet bread is just what the doctor ordered for breakfast this weekend.
- It’s time to start Thanksgiving planning. Start with the fun stuff: appetizers.
- Brussels sprouts are back in season. Whether you add bacon or bake it in a gratin, these rustic recipes will banish any doubts or bad memories of the little green cabbages forever.