You may not realize it, but you’re eating your favorite foods the wrong way. Sure, they’re delicious, but there are much easier solutions to getting bites from your plate to your mouth. Thankfully You’re Eating It Wrong host Dan Pashman is here to solve your problems, particularly for summer treats like perfectly cut watermelon, non-drippy ice cream cones and less-messy corn on the cob.
Check out some of his best food hacks below, and watch all of his videos here.
1. Take your corn off the cob.
There’s nothing worse than having a bunch of corn stuck in your teeth at a barbecue. Cut the corn off the cob and mix with any seasonings you like — Dan is a big fan of going Mexican with Cotija cheese, chili powder, lime and cilantro.
Watch the You’re Eating Corn Wrong video.
Continue Reading You’re Eating Summer Wrong, But Don’t Worry — It’s an Easy Fix with These 5 Food Hacks
If the idea of the great outdoors is terrifying and you don’t want to sleep anywhere near bugs, you’re probably not well-suited for camping. However, you can still have your fun out in the wilderness if you play your cards right. On Saturday’s premiere of The Real Girl’s Kitchen (June 13 at 1pm ET), Haylie Duff is taking her friends “glamping,” which means there will be running water, delicious food and comfortable beds.
To help inspire your next glamorous weekend retreat, we’ve come up with some gourmet twists on camp food, from skillet cornbread infused with bacon, beer and cheddar to fish baked in foil (sorry, hot dogs) to classy s’mores in jars. Still nervous about pitching a tent? We also have great menu ideas for camping-movie viewing parties if you’d rather stay in the air conditioning this summer.
Sweet and Spicy Popcorn Snack Mix
Instead of making Jiffy Pop on the campfire, you can eat this sweet and spicy popcorn while watching a movie on an iPad in your tent (or your cabin).
Continue Reading 6 Gourmet Camping Foods to Make Your “Glamping” Trip Deliciously Fabulous
- Adventures in Cooking’s Hazelnut Buttermilk Cake with Maple Pecan Glaze
5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- Adventures in Cooking’s hazelnut cake with maple pecan glaze is just as striking as it is delicious. If you like German chocolate cake, you’ll love this.
- Morning buns are flaky, buttery and fluffy all at once. Sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and orange zest, Cennella Vita’s recipe is fit for any special occasion.
- Leave it to a New Yorker to master the art of bagel bombs! Mostly Food Stuffs alters the Momofuku Milk Bar original recipe to make perfect “hot, crusty cream cheese explosions.”
- Amy’s Pretzel Fried Chicken featured on the Dramatic Pancake makes the indulgent classic healthier while maintaining all the essential crunchiness (and deliciousness).
- It’s hot dog season, and The Weekend Chef is optimizing the dog’s grilling potential with spiral cuts. Is this a trick to try at your next cookout?