Winter isn’t coming anytime soon, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find cool comfort. Channel the hearty flavors of meatloaf and cheesy loaded baked potatoes into warm-weather versions, like kebabs and tailgate-ready potato salad.
Check out six summer-fied comfort food recipes below and transport yourself to cooler times. We’re halfway there — just two more months of heat waves to go.
Pecan Pie Parfait
Take a break from berry pies with this riff on the classic pecan pie. Store-bought pie crust becomes a crumble over vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and bourbon-pecan topping.
Continue Reading Stay Cool with 6 Summery Spins on Comfort Food
5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- Forget those microwaveable packets; we love Joy the Baker’s brown sugar roasted fig oatmeal.
- Obama vs. Romney Cook-off: Barack’s chili or Mitt’s favorite meatloaf cakes? Diets in Review provides culinary insight for your political consideration.
- For chocolate cake, skip the flour and coat the pan with cocoa powder instead. Los Angeles Times reveals that it’s not only practical, it tastes better too.
- Speaking of chocolate cake, Whisks and Whimsy makes a rich chocolate cake that is completely irresistible.
- Craving comfort food? Try Farm + Field’s fried chicken and buttermilk biscuits with jalapeno honey.