At this time of year, when juicy ripe peaches are plentiful, I try to come up with creative ways to make use of the sweet fruit. This month, my local co-op had a bin of the most beautiful, fragrant peaches — I think maybe the best crop I’ve had in years — and I couldn’t wait to put them to good use. I cooked them with just a touch of honey and a vanilla bean. This light-as-air angel food (great for these hot end-of-summer days) has a healthy dose of citrus zest, which nicely balances the sweet peaches.
Citrus Angel Food Cake with Peaches
Continue Reading Citrus Angel Food Cake with Peaches
Peach Crisps by Cookie and Kate
5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- Bake peach halves filled with Cookie and Kate’s delicious yogurt-oat topping and voila! In less than 30 minutes you have a scrumptious peach crisp ready for a big scoop of ice cream.
- Dress up movie night with Savory Simple’s sweet and spicy curried popcorn. It’s fun, easy and addicting.
- Football season is just around the corner. Combine two classic game day apps with livelovepasta’s spinach artichoke potato skins.
- Princess Tofu’s teeny ginger peach hand pies are not only adorable, they’re absolutely delectable, too. Make them while peaches are still at their sweet and juicy best.
- Katie at the Kitchen Door’s ricotta gnocchi is light and fluffy with a hint of sweetness. Sautéed with mushrooms, sweet corn, summer herbs and, of course, lots of butter, it’s the perfect meal to celebrate the end of summer.
- When it comes to the perfect pies and tarts, we’ve got you covered with 20 summer-perfect recipes.
- Alton’s hot spinach artichoke dip is a game day (or any day) winner.
- Debi and Gabriele add spinach to their ricotta gnocchi. It’s a five-star recipe that our fans can’t get enough of.
Our season-long garden party Summer Fest 2012 welcomes food and garden bloggers to feature garden-to-table recipes and tips. We’ll feature favorite garden-to-table recipes and tips to help you enjoy the bounty, whether you’re harvesting your own goodies or buying them fresh from the market. Fresh this week: peaches.
Peaches, one of the most delicious, juicy summer stone fruits, are at the peak of their picking season right now. Their drip-down-your-chin goodness makes them a wonderful solo treat but their sweetness is also a great addition to savory dishes as well. While we love a classic peach cobbler, try these dinner and snack-ready recipes for a new way to use your fruit.
Continue Reading Summer Fest: 4 Savory Uses for Peaches
You know you want to make this delicious, booze-spiked peach butter.
Eating a ripe, juicy peach is one of summer’s best gifts. (Thanks, summer!) But — and I hate to be the one to bring this up — these little balls of edible sunshine aren’t going to be around forever. Savor delicious summer peaches on a dreary winter day (or next week, at least) by making this booze-and-spice-spiked peach butter. Here’s how you do it.
Continue Reading Make Your Own Bourbon Peach Butter