When you have an overabundance of fresh peaches and are suffering from peach cobbler fatigue, try taking the juicy fruit for a walk on the savory side. One of our favorite easy summer dinner ideas is Michael Symon’s Peach and Blue Cheese Salad, aka grilled peaches, peppery arugula and pungent blue cheese served atop a big ol’ grilled steak.
Check out four more peachy ideas below.
Continue Reading 5 Peachy-Keen Savory Summer Dishes
Mississippi Mud Brownies by Bev Cooks
5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- We’re eating our way through America and discovering the deliciousness each state has to offer. Bev Cooks’ recipe for Mississippi mud brownies captures the taste and soul of the state’s infamous Southern pie.
- Its National Peach Month and Fork vs. Spoon’s peach butter breakfast rolls are calling our names. Don’t worry peach cobbler, we still love you.
- National S’mores Day came and went, but the ooey gooey marshmallow treat is just as good on any day of the year. Zesty Bite’s S’more cookies capture all the classic flavors without the campfire.
- Sunday brunch anyone? Featured on Ode to Awe, these Bloody Mary shooters with an Old Bay rim are just the ticket to keep the weekend fun rolling.
- It’s been a summer of light and zesty pasta salads. Love and Lemon’s summer squash and corn orzo celebrates late summer produce and makes for excellent picnic fare.
Giada's Grilled Peaches in Wine
Take advantage of the sweetness of summer peaches that are great on their own but become even sweeter when cooked on the grill (plus, you’ll get to keep your oven off). Cook them directly on the grill to get those great char marks or try ‘em kebab style on a skewer.
White wine and grilled peaches make Giada’s Grilled Peaches in Wine a decadent dessert or delicious drink. Or try Grilled Peaches with Raspberry Sauce and Lemon Cream that are marinated in butter and sugar and grilled on direct heat until slightly brown (about 8 minutes).
Continue Reading Peaches on the Grill
Peach Gnocchi from 101 Cookbooks
We’re teaming up with other food and garden bloggers to host Summer Fest 2010, a season-long garden party. Each week we’ll feature favorite garden-to-table recipes and tips to help you enjoy the bounty, whether you’re harvesting your own goodies or buying them fresh from the market. To join in, check out awaytogarden.com.
I got a little peach-happy at the farmers’ market last weekend. They looked and smelled so amazing that I bought way more than I needed and couldn’t help but bite into one on the way home. There is really nothing like a fresh summer peach. But when you have so many at the peak of ripeness, what to do?
Instead of loading up on desserts, try incorporating fresh peaches into your dinner. Get inspired by this gorgeous Peach Gnocchi from 101 Cookbooks—just one successful example of peaches gone savory. If gnocchi from scratch is too time-intensive for your summer supper, we’ve got plenty more ideas…
Continue Reading Summer Fest: Savory Stone Fruit
Peach and Peppadew Salsa -- Nicole, PinchMySalt.com
Linkage we’re liking:
* Peaches + Peppadew = Perfect Summer Salsa [Pinch My Salt]
* Sexy, Spiked Gelatin Molds — Blueberries and Cream Edition – [The Modern Gelatina]
* A Cool Take On Raspberry Yogurt Popsicles – [Orangette]
What’s your sinful spin on the best fruits of summer?