It’s more than just alliteration; it’s a statement, a proclamation that Thursdays are when the weekend should really start. Kicking it off right is the key, and what better way than with a cocktail that not only takes the edge off, but tastes good too. A hard thing to disagree with, we know. Drink up, get down and go to sleep happy.
Bright blue, wonderfully sweet and yet, magically, still potent enough to counter long, grueling week days and weekend boredom alike, Alie and Georgia‘s Peep-inspired cocktail is a sip to behold. Think of it as a warm, sugary trip down memory-lane, except absinthe-kissed and shamelessly lit on fire (yes, actually). While kids scamper around in search of candy-filled eggs this Easter weekend, bring the peeps out to party with a tasty treat, cleverly dubbed the Peepin’ It Real Cocktail.
Bottoms up, folks.
Continue Reading Thirsty Thursday: Peepin’ It Real Cocktail
"A Peep of Thrones" by The Epi-Log
5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- Peeps take on a comical dark side in the “A Peep of Thrones.” No offense to the HBO original Game of Thrones, but we prefer The Epi-Log’s peeptacular rendition.
- Inside the Marshmallow-Chick Factory: It only takes 6 minutes to create the beady-eyed Easter icons, start to finish. “But for such an innocent, marshmallow-and-sugar pastel candy, the Peep is surprisingly polarizing.” — NYT Magazine
- Peeps and crushed Easter candy turns white chocolate into a no-fuss Easter bark recipe. We love the pretty pastels.
- Not a fan of the sugary mallows? These recipes for rocky road blondies and lemon meringue tarts might change your mind.
- It doesn’t get much easier (or as tasty) than Easter fondue. Peeps pair perfectly.
Still peepin’ out? Take a peek at all our Peeps Dessert Recipes, including Alie & Georgia’s Peepin’ It Real Cocktail!