When brainstorming Peeps ideas this year, I came up with some pretty good ones that were shot down: Peeps Sweet Potato Casserole. Peeps-Jello Salad. Twice-Baked Peep-Topped Sweet Potatoes. Peeps Ambrosia. The idea that did make the cut: Peep-Za.
Peeps on a pizza, well that’s just gross. But Peeps on a pizza-like dessert — that is amazing. To make a Peep-Za, you just need a cookie crust, some frosting and the contents of your Easter basket: Peeps and M&Ms or whatever candy you like best.
For the crust, I like Cookie Monster’s sugar cookie recipe because he’s the most credible source for cookies I know, but you can take a shortcut and use store-bought sugar cookie dough. Same goes for the frosting; use store-bought if you don’t have time to make homemade frosting.
I still stand by the Peeps Sweet Potato Casserole idea. Look for that one next year.
Continue Reading Easter Peep-Za
"A Peep of Thrones" by The Epi-Log
5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- Peeps take on a comical dark side in the “A Peep of Thrones.” No offense to the HBO original Game of Thrones, but we prefer The Epi-Log’s peeptacular rendition.
- Inside the Marshmallow-Chick Factory: It only takes 6 minutes to create the beady-eyed Easter icons, start to finish. “But for such an innocent, marshmallow-and-sugar pastel candy, the Peep is surprisingly polarizing.” — NYT Magazine
- Peeps and crushed Easter candy turns white chocolate into a no-fuss Easter bark recipe. We love the pretty pastels.
- Not a fan of the sugary mallows? These recipes for rocky road blondies and lemon meringue tarts might change your mind.
- It doesn’t get much easier (or as tasty) than Easter fondue. Peeps pair perfectly.
Still peepin’ out? Take a peek at all our Peeps Dessert Recipes, including Alie & Georgia’s Peepin’ It Real Cocktail!