Firecracker Popsicles by Becca Bakes
5 Hot Links We’re Loving
- Becca Bake’s firecracker popsicles call for fresh berries and vanilla frozen yogurt, so you can enjoy the festive treat without feeling guilty.
- Avoid the mess and stress of slicing pie in front of guests. Serve Pixels and Crumbs’ strawberry hand pies instead.
- Burgers are key for your backyard barbecue tomorrow, and Dainty Chef’s take on the infamous Shake Shake patty is a sure hit.
- Beer may be the classic cookout beverage, but A Farm Girl’s Dabbles’ sangria with rosé and bourbon may just be this year’s biggest hit.
- Don’t forget your veggies. Love and Lemons’ grilled vegetable skewers with chile-lime oil are great by themselves but even better with avocado, salsa and tortillas.
While drops of food coloring will enhance the layers of this patriotic July 4th cheesecake, its stripes are tinted naturally with seasonal flavors: red raspberry, white vanilla bean and blue blueberry. The fresh blueberry topping is held together with just enough gelatin to give it a gorgeous, glossy look and to make it easy to cut. In order to achieve the clean layers you’ll need to have some time to let each one set, so plan in advance. It is super easy and completely worth the extra time to present such a fun dessert at your holiday party.
Continue Reading July 4th Red, White and Blue Cheesecake
Red Velvet cake has become an American favorite, because of its lovely texture and fun color. Add blue and white for a show-stopping dessert this 4th of July. The inside of the cake is as striking as the decorative icing. Bring it to your holiday picnic and it will outshine the fireworks.
Red, White and Blue Velvet Cake
Makes: 12 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Baking Time: 30+ minutes
Decorating Time: 1 hour
Level: multiple steps, but all of them are easy
Continue Reading Red, White and Blue Velvet Cake for the 4th of July