Sugary, dental mishap-inducing conversation hearts are indisputable classics, but they’ve been around for over 100 years, and since any candy might be a little stale after being in rotation that long, it’s time to introduce a new option to the Valentine’s Day parade of hearts. Add a little heat to the candy equation this holiday with these sweet-and-spicy whisky-sriracha hearts, made über easily in a silicone candy mold. Their flavor is similar to hot cinnamon candies, yet much more rich and intense thanks to the tipple of whisky. Finally, a considerably less saccharine heart-shaped treat that will satisfy spice-seekers.
For more Valentine’s Day-appropriate dishes from Cooking Channel, polish up that sweet tooth and set your sights on these fine recipes:
Sriracha Mac and Cheese by Shutterbean
5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- From the Havarti béchamel sauce and crispy panko to the fresh ginger and green onions, everything about Shutterbean’s Sriracha mac and cheese sounds incredible.
- Caramel corn is the best, especially when it’s Joy the Baker’s salty vanilla pretzel version.
- Churn some brown butter cinnamon ice cream by Completely Delicious. The weather may be changing, but it’s not too cold for ice cream. Is it ever?
- The Baker Chick’s fried apple pancakes are a must-try this fall.
- Make banh mi sandwiches at home with Heather Cristo’s recipe.
Sriracha, that red Asian-inspired hot chili sauce whose green-capped squeeze bottle with a rooster printed on it, is more than just a means of spicing up a dish — Asian or otherwise. Like bacon, this iconic hot sauce has garnered praise from all over the culinary spectrum, and it has been elevated to having cult status by the power of Internet-fueled fandom. But can the popularity of Sriracha go too far? I mean, would you put Sriracha hot chili sauce on your sweet and creamy milkshake?
Continue Reading Someone Put Sriracha in My Shake and It Wasn’t a Mistake (A Review)
Food People have secrets they can’t help but share. We’ll show (and tell) you ours, if you show us yours…
Continue Reading Blend: Your Secret Weapons + Ours