It’s more than just alliteration; it’s a statement, a proclamation that Thursdays are when the weekend should really start. Kicking it off right is the key, and what better way than with a cocktail that not only takes the edge off, but tastes good too. A hard thing to disagree with, we know. Drink up, get down and go to sleep happy.
Partake in the mischief and merriment this St. Paddy’s Day with a boozy shake that will have you speaking with an Irish brogue. The St. Patrick’s Day shamrock shake is now reinvented for adults in this spirited concoction, The Adult Shamrock Mint Shake.
Our nod to the Emerald Isle begins with mint chocolate chip ice cream, dark rum and fresh mint blended together until smooth and creamy. With the luck of the Irish, you’ll have a tasty, well-themed libation to kick off your Celtic festivities. Who needs green beer when you can have a spiked minty milkshake instead?
Bottoms up, folks!
Continue Reading Thirsty Thursday: Drink Like a Leprechaun with the Adult Shamrock Shake
Guinness Irish Stew by Jelly Toast5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- March is the unofficial month to add Guinness to everything, and Jelly Toast’s Irish beef stew is just the place to start.
- While you’re cooking with beer, you might as well bake with it too. With a chocolate stout frosting, Cookies and Cups’ beer and pretzel chocolate chip cookies are a must try.
- What should you make for dinner tonight? Ooey gooey pepperoni pizza meatball hoagies by Lauren’s Latest.
- You can never have enough banana bread recipes. According to Shutterbean, adding olive oil and maple syrup will give your loaf a “good oomph/intriguing/what’s that in there? taste.”
- For the next taco night, try Naturally Ella’s sriracha marinated butternut squash and black bean tacos. Hold the meat — this recipe is feisty and full of flavor without it.
Shepherd’s pie: It’s serious comfort food. Thick, flavorful sauce, gamey lamb, bits of vegetables – it’s everything you want in a hearty Irish meal. However, it’s not exactly appetizer- or party-friendly. So how do you enjoy it on St. Patrick’s Day, when it’s practically required to have a beer (green or not) in one hand at all times? You transform it into a hand pie, complete with parsley “clovers.”
Continue Reading Celebrate St. Paddy’s Day With Shepherd’s Hand Pies
St. Patrick’s day is a time to turn everything green in honor of the Irish Saint. This creamy cheesecake with festive green stripes is perfect to serve after corned beef, cabbage and a Guinness. Using fresh mint makes the rich cake as bright in flavor as it is in appearance.
Continue Reading St. Patrick’s Day Cheesecake