A long time ago, a seemingly wise, old, green being of an unspecific species stole a human’s lunch and asked, “how you get so big eating food of this kind?” So maybe his wiseness is questionable. Also of questionable wiseness: purchasing any of the following Star Wars-themed kitchen wares to celebrate Star Wars Day, May 4th.
- R2-D2 Measuring Cups (pictured above) [via: ThinkGeek]
Continue Reading May the Fourth Be With You: 5 Star Wars Kitchen Gadgets
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie by Jesse Monds
5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- If you love the combo of chocolate + peanut butter, this pie by Jessie Monds is made for you. With a chocolate cookie crust, peanut butter mouse and chocolate ganache, what’s not to love?
- What type of birthday cake do you make for the ultimate Star Wars fan? How about a life-sized Darth Vader cake? The final creation towers over six and a half feet tall and weighs a whopping 500 pounds. Check out photos of the cake’s construction (and destruction) on Huffington Post. Open for pun; “Luke, I am your fondant” is our favorite.
- This Food52 winning recipe for miso caramel captures the power of umami and goes well with savory and sweet foods alike. It’s also perfectly acceptable to eat by the spoonful, we say.
- Starbucks’ pumpkin spice lattes have returned (and yes, we’ve satisfied our cravings for them a few times already), which means it’s time to start talking pumpkin flavored everything. So even though it’s not quite fall, we’re ready for Red and the Wolf’s pumpkin kiss cake.
- Fill Gourmandelle’s baguette cups with cheese dip for the a fun party appetizer. They’re portable, easy and delicious.
No, it is not a vertical s'more.. It's a Tie Fighter Snack.
Cinco de Mayo may steal the attention this week, but Star Wars fans know the real May day to celebrate…
Continue Reading May the 4th err Force Be With You! Happy #StarWarsDay
You read the series of novels, and have strong opinions about the actors portraying the characters in the movie version. You were first in line to see the midnight showing, and you’ve seen it innumerable times since. You have heated online debates about what the writer/director got right and wrong and — not that you would ever tell your friends this, but — you may have even written a little fan fiction yourself.
We get it. You’re a fan. Or are you? How can you call yourself a fan if you’ve yet to recreate your favorite character’s most treasured childhood meal, or feast upon the bounty that was consumed after the pivotal post-battle celebration? If you’ve never invited your equally-obsessed friends over for a themed potluck, well then, we can’t confirm that you’re much of a fan at all, can we?
Not to worry, though, as we’ve whipped up a list of our favorite cookbooks based upon fantasy or sci-fi so that even the greatest nerds among us can up their obsession status. Though we do suggest you still keep that fan fic buried deep in the wardrobe that is your computer.
Continue Reading Take Your Obsession to a New Level: Fantasy Cookbooks