5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
1. Summer is the season for mouthwatering fruit pies. Tutti Dolci uses a cupcake pan to shape these flaky mini treats, which are packed with plump Bing cherries.
2. Keeping things light after a long weekend of burgers and hot dogs? Try the Culinary Chronicle’s ponzu-marinated tuna tataki, dressed with jalapenos and toasted sesame seeds.
3. Raspberri Cupcake gives maple cheesecake some summer flair by topping it with a sweet blueberry spread.
4. Bring a bowl of this creamy, vinegar-splashed potato salad by Sweet Pea’s Kitchen to your next picnic.
5. Quench your thirst with an icy glass of Just Putzing Around the Kitchen’s refreshing blackberry-mint limeade.
- These crowd-pleasing pies and tarts are packed with warm-weather fruits and other sweet fillings.
- Reinvent the summer salad with Cooking Channel’s clever twists on noodle, spud and cabbage classics.
Yellow Cake Pie with Chocolate Mousse by Foodie Crush
5 Hot Links We’re Loving:
- Are you team cake or team pie? Filled with chocolate mousse and topped with whipped cream, Foodie Crush’s inventive yellow cake pie doesn’t make you decide.
- We love Grilled Cheese Social’s latest sandwich sensation: Broccoli, bacon, and ale cheddar cheese pressed between buttery focaccia.
- Make your pancakes extra special this weekend with Number 2 Pencil’s sour cream cinnamon roll pancakes. With a buttery cinnamon sugar swirl and a rich maple coffee glaze, this recipe is a winner.
- Confessions of a Bright Eyed Baker had trouble sharing these ice cream cupcake peanut butter cups. With these dreamy chocolate treats, who wouldn’t?
- How do you make potato salad patriotic? Chez Us uses purple and red potatoes. Okay– it may not be the classic red, white and blue, but the bright colors and the vibrant flavors, make this a perfect side for next week’s celebration.
Nothing refreshes quite like Laura's Better Than Citron Pressé mint lemonade.
With temperatures soaring to record highs, Cooking Channel fans have been looking for ways to beat the heat this week. From cool, summer salads to refreshing summer drinks, you’ve been telling us about your favorite recipes, and your tweaks and substitutions to make these recipes your own.
Hot, summery days call for something sweet and refreshing to cool off, and Laura Calder’s Better Than Citron Pressé is just the sip.
“This is wonderful and is so easy… I now keep a jar in my fridge at all times. You can make it to your own sweetness, we have also used sparkling water to give it a little fizz… EXCELLENT.” — damianokay
Continue Reading Beating the Heat with Your Favorite Cooking Channel Recipes